MANAGEMENT GRIEVANCE MECHANISM (MGM)
The Management Grievance Mechanism (MGM) is a new channel for individuals or groups to submit complaints related to environmental, social, or corporate governance issues of a project it is financed or considering financing by the IDB Invest:
- We encourage stakeholders to reach out directly to the IDB Invest’s Grievance Mechanism if a complaint with a client remains unresolved or if there is any fear of reprisals.
- The MGM does not substitute any existing grievance mechanism but provides a new option to local communities and stakeholders seeking to raise a concern or complaint.
- IDB Invest manages the MGM process in coordination with its client, which is responsible for assessing and mitigating adverse environmental and social impacts of an IDB Invest-financed project and implementing any proposed solution to a grievance raised in the MGM.
Download our brochure for more information.
Submit a claim online by using the form below or by calling +1 202 312 4040.
Individuals or communities who would like to submit a concern or complaint related to an IDB Invest financed project can also access the following channels:
Connect with our clients
Independent Consultation Investigation Mechanism (ICIM)
CONNECT WITH OUR CLIENTS
IDB Invest requires its clients to establish a Grievance Mechanism to address concerns regarding the project’s environmental and social performance:
Individuals or communities are encouraged to contact the client through its grievance mechanism first, to request project-related information or present complaints. IDB Invest discloses the client’s contact information for each project under our Projects site.
A Project-level grievance mechanism represents an opportunity for companies and stakeholders to identify potential issues of concern to local communities and develop solutions in a participatory manner.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTATION AND INVESTIGATION MECHANISM
The Independent Consultation and Investigation Mechanism (ICIM) is an independent mechanism responsible for evaluating if IDB Invest projects are following the organization’s social and environmental policies and procedures:
- Individuals and communities can reach out to the ICIM at any time without the need to exhaust the other channels.
- This independent accountability office impartially addresses and investigates environmental and social complaints from individuals or communities that are considered affected by projects financed by IDB Invest.
- A request will be deemed eligible by the ICIM if, among others, the individuals or communities describe the efforts made to address the issues with IDB Invest.
For more information about the ICIM, please visit its website.