We work with our clients to achieve financial results while creating social and environmental value added.
IDB Invest promotes the economic development of its regional developing member countries by encouraging the establishment, expansion, and modernization of private enterprises.
At IDB Invest, we leverage the power of the private sector to drive sustainable development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our strong balance sheet and solid support from the member countries, make IDB Invest the best option to contribute with the development of Latin America and the Caribbean counties, as reflected in our high credit rating from the leading Rating Agencies: Aa1 from Moody’s, AA from Standard & Poor’s and, AAA from Fitch Ratings.
IDB Invest is a member of the Inter-American Development Bank Group. However, we are a legally distinct institution, with a separate capital, corporate governance and management from those of the Inter-American Development Bank.
IDB Invest is owned by its 45 member countries, 26 of which are in Latin America and Caribbean. As of December, 2018, IDB Invest had more than $3.2 billion in total assets and $12.1 billion in assets under management , diversified across countries and economic sectors.
We play a catalytic role by raising capital through bond issuance in the international capital markets to fund our financing activities, while at the same time we issue local-currency bonds to develop domestic capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean and to provide local-currency financing to our more than 300 customers across the region.
Why invest in IDB Invest?
- IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral development bank committed to promoting the economic development of its member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector.
- We are committed to sustainability: Our projects are aligned with the social, economic and environmental aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We help to identify financially viable projects with the highest potential impact in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- We have a extremely strong financial profile, operate exclusively with paid-in capital, maintain a strong capitalization and have ample balance sheet liquidity.
- Our sound management and conservative risk policies have enabled us to remain consistently profitable even in adverse situations.