IDB Invest upholds the highest standards of integrity, transparency and accountability. We demand this of our clients and we demand it of ourselves.
A robust ethical framework helps to level the playing field for business. It strengthens the private sector’s ability to operate fairly and enables it to have a bigger impact on the region’s long-term economic and social development.
Corruption, by contrast, erodes democratic values, weakens public confidence and drives away private investment.
As part of the IDB Group, we put our commitment to integrity into practice through rigorous policies and procedures for our staff and strong safeguards to guide all our activities. And we hold our clients to high corporate governance standards, which can help companies prevent fraud and abuse.
We are also part of a broad-based international effort to promote integrity and transparency. We belong to the International Financial Institutions Anti-Corruption Task Force, which developed the Uniform Framework for Preventing and Combating Fraud and Corruption. We have also signed the Agreement for Mutual Enforcement of Debarment Decisions, by which the participating financial institutions pledge to enforce each other’s sanctions against corruption.
Integrity and transparency matter for development effectiveness. Below are links to important information and mechanisms that we promote as part of the IDB Group.
- Disclosure of Information Policy (current)
- Access to Information Policy: IDB Invest is updating its information policy. Find out more!
- IDB Group: Transparency, Accountability and Anti-Corruption
- Independent Consultation and Investigation Mechanism
- Office of Evaluation and Oversight
- Office of Institutional Integrity
- IDB Group's list of Sanctioned Firms and Individuals